The time has come for the highly-anticipated annual Timeless Beauty by Missosology, an annual tradition that seeks to recognize a queen who best embodies beauty that will transcend time – “something that shall be remembered for all eternity”.
It dates back to 2004, although it was only in 2010 that the award was properly organized. Previous winners include Venus Raj (2010), Olesia Stefanko (2011), Irene Esser (2012), Marine Lorphelin (2013), Paulina Vega (2014), Edymar Martinez (2015), Catriona Gray (2016), Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters (2017), H’Hen Nie (2018), and Evelyn Namatovu (2019).
A year like no other
Unlike in previous years, only 43 delegates from two of the Big5 pageants are in the running toward becoming Missosology’s next Timeless Beauty for pageant year 2020.
As restrictions mounted due to the coronavirus pandemic, only two pageants were able to stage their respective contests for pageant year 2020. The Miss Earth pageant was the first Big5 competition to adapt by holding a virtual competition to mark its 20th year. Miss Universe, on the other hand, waited until May 2021 to hold a physical event, with safety restrictions in place.
How are we going to choose the Timeless Beauty for the year 2020?
- Only the quarter-finalists in the 2020 Big5 Pageants (20 for Miss Earth and 21 for Miss Universe, plus the two “If Only She Were There” (IOSWT) ladies named by Missosology, are eligible.
- A select panel of preliminary judges will be asked to score all the eligible delegates from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest) based on beauty and timeless appeal, overall performance in the respective Big5 pageant, and global impact.
- The scores from the preliminary judges will be averaged. Only the Top 20 delegates will move on to the next round. In case of a tie in the 20th place, it will not be broken.
- Scores will be back to zero and the Top 20 finalists will then be judged by a separate panel of judges using the same system as above to determine the Top 10. In case of a tie in the 10th place, it will not be broken.
- Scores will be back to zero and the Top 10 will be subjected to another round of judging with our finals judges. The delegate who gets the highest average score will be declared as the “Timeless Beauty” for the year 2020. In case of a tie, the average score in the previous round will be used to break it.