This year, 112 delegates from the Big5 pageants (Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss Earth, Miss International and Miss Supranational) are in the running toward becoming Missosology’s next Timeless Beauty.
Timeless Beauty is an annual tradition of Missosology that seeks to recognize a queen who best embodies beauty that will transcend time – “something that shall be remembered for all eternity”.
It dates back to 2004, although it was only in 2010 that the award was properly organized. Previous winners include Venus Raj (2010), Olesia Stefanko (2011), Irene Esser (2012), Marine Lorphelin (2013), Paulina Vega (2014), Edymar Martinez (2015), Catriona Gray (2016), and Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters (2017).
How are we going to choose the Timeless Beauty for the year 2018?
1. Only the quarter-finalists in the 2018 Big5 Pageants (16 for Miss Earth, 15 for Miss International, 25 for Miss Supranational, 19 for Miss Universe* and 30 for Miss World), plus the five “If Only She Were There” ladies named by Missosology are eligible.
*Please note that Catriona Gray, who won Miss Universe 2018 in December, is no longer eligible in this edition as she was already named Timeless Beauty in 2016.
2. A select panel of preliminary judges will be asked to score all the eligible delegates from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest) based on beauty and timeless appeal, overall performance in the respective Big5 pageant, and global impact.
3. The scores from the preliminary judges will be averaged. Only the Top 25 delegates will move on to the next round. In case of a tie in the 25th place, it will not be broken.
4. Scores will be back to zero and the Top 25 finalists will then be judged by a separate panel of judges using the same system as above to determine the Top 10. In case of a tie in the 10th place, it will not be broken.
5. Scores will be back to zero and the Top 10 will be subjected to another round of judging with our finals judges. The delegate who gets the highest average score will be declared as the “Timeless Beauty” for the year 2018. In case of a tie, the average score in the previous round will be used to break it.
It’s time to meet the quarter-finalists for Timeless Beauty 2018!
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.