Timeless Beauty is an annual tradition of Missosology that seeks to recognize a queen who best embodies beauty that will transcend time – “something that shall be remembered for all eternity”.
It dates back to 2004, although it was only in 2010 that the award was properly organized. Previous winners include Venus Raj (2010), Olesia Stefanko (2011), Irene Esser (2012), Marine Lorphelin (2013), Paulina Vega (2014), Edymar Martinez (2015) and Catriona Gray (2016).
This year, 92 delegates from the Big5 pageants (Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss Earth, Miss International and Miss Supranational) are in the running toward becoming Missosology’s next Timeless Beauty.
How are we going to choose the Timeless Beauty for the year 2017?
1. Only the quarter-finalists in the 2017 Big5 Pageants (16 for Miss Earth, 15 for Miss International, 25 for Miss Supranational, 16 for Miss Universe and 15 for Miss World), plus the five “If Only She Were There” ladies named by Missosology are eligible.
2. A select panel of preliminary judges will be asked to score all the eligible delegates from 2 (lowest) to 5 (highest) based on beauty and overall performance and appeal.
3. The scores from the preliminary judges will be averaged. Only the Top 25 delegates will move on to the next round. In case of a tie in the 25th place, it will not be broken.
4. The Top 25 finalists will then be judged by a separate panel of judges using the same system as above to determine the Top 10.
5. The Top 10 will be subjected to another round of judging with our the finals judges. The delegate who gets the highest average score will be declared as the “Timeless Beauty” for the year 2017. In case of a tie, the score in the previous round will be used to break it.
It’s time to meet the quarter-finalists for Timeless Beauty 2017!