Top row: Vidhi, Nikita, Shamata, Ipsita, Prachi, Priyanka, Sonam
Middle Row: Sukalpa, Rochelle
Bottom Row: Erica, Sneha, Vanya, Purva, Sonampreet, Sana, Karuna, Ruhi, Himakshi, Farah, Aastha
Femina Miss India has always been an epitome of charismatic and dainty Indian beauties. The organization in its 49th year has a lot to offer in terms of the diversity of Indian culture that has always been talk of the town at international pageants. The Indian Pageant scenario that completely changed after Sushmita and Aishwarya won Miss Universe 1994 and Miss World 1994 is still evolving. The last year was a lackluster. None of the winners made a placement at the international scene but This year the game seems to be changing. There is a boom of positivity among the girls and among the pageant fanatics who can say “INDIA IS BACK”. This article is completely dedicated to the PFMI 2012 top 20 girls and my views about them.
1. Aasttha Ssidana - She is a class apart candidate with queenly aura manifesting integrity of a true woman of substance.Her candids are not as beautiful as her glamshots. I was little skeptical about her before but with her her pictures and watching her ramp skills i can affirm she is pretty good and makes a strong impact with her walk. Her personality is exclusive and one of the best faces of the competition. I feel, she needs to work little bit on her jawline. Her body can carry almost any type of gown and one of my personal favorite to watch out in the finale for sheer elegance that she transmits in her poses.
2. Erica Fernandes - Erica reverberates to me a fashionista with loading currents of exquisiteness!! Her pulchritude is in her subtlety caressed with elegance. She is preeminent with her postures and jubilantly gleeful. Her eyes are sparkling like a kohinoor diamonds which unearthed and tooled with maximum perfection. I love the fact that she can carry both ambrosial and sweltery avatar's with utmost conviction. For now i am just keeping my fingers crossed and hope to see such mystic beauty be appreciated and makes Carrabean domination with much stronger force. Her only drawback is her height.Her suppleness is momentous which is evident from her undulated walk. A much pleasant surprise from Maharashtra !!
3. Farah Hussain - One of the most under rated girls may be because she does not beholds the necessary IT factor ! but do not sell her short. She may not be one of the best and but there is nothing to ignore her placement as well as her determination. For then she was cherubic demure now a slinky lass ready to supernate everyone with her dazzling aura. She has a pretty decent body and her walk is also fine, all if she refine it with minor touch to make it killer. Her features are divine shimmering with her sassy personality.
Farah, Erica, Aastha
4. Himakshi Agarwala - Himakshi is a very photogenic, eloquent and confident on/off camera. She has everything what it takes to be a next Miss India. And not to forget that her training is under the hands of a veteran in this field She has indeed some ramp experience and her photo shoots have been remarkable. She has immense potential and her cinch beauty is indeed overwhelming. She relays lots of positive vibes that is hard to resist or ignore her. She just needs to be a little fierce and bamm !!! She is ready to steal the thunder. She will own the finale in my opinion . Her feminity is waxed by kittenish smile and beguiling eyes which can ensnare anyone to her.
5. Ipsita Pati - she is for real a demi goddess or just a photoshopped beauty? She is wearing an extra ordinary queenly aura. And the list of questions continue. Well, to be honest I was also not a fan of her beauty and thought she would be lucky to get into top 20. But with time i realized she is more than a contestant. When you are representing a face of a fairy you will be even scrutinized for a bad picture. But look at her, totally unfixed by criticism and still going strong and confident about herself. UNDENIABLY one of the best faces of the competition and she seize the moment when she smiels !! Perfection to the core. Her recent pictures may not be jaw dropping and all i can say is like Ipsita. she will be later praised for her nobility and virtue as a beauty queen.
6. Karuna Dogra - She has grown tremendously. I cant deny the fact she has superbly worked on her body and styling since I am She 2011. One the candidates i will be anticipating in Mumbai is She, with her aura and body it will be gripping to watch her walk. The chameleon award goes to her, for she can be sweet as an angel or a dazzling diva !! She i believe has come on her own very strongly since her crowning and has been able to transform into a super glam girl. The way she has worked on her body is probably why she is in my list.She knows its one of the pre requisites to have a banging body and indeed got one !!
7. Nikita Dutta - She has a raw sensuality and charming fair complexion is bound to sore the minds of beauty fanatics. I accept her grooming is not upto the mark she has got this amazing ability to sequester her flaws on stage with her confidence and trifling smile . She should stick to bright shades which accentuates her personality. She has got massive potential to be a finalist only if she resurrect her flaws which indeed moderate her chances. She is still one of the best in dark horses for me and want to see her glowing in PFMI 2012.
8. Prachi Mishra - She is one of the most under-rated beauties of this edition. I have a strong belief that she will be at least able to make the first cut. Her beauty and aura is exclusive!! She was actually not in my TOP 105 until i researched extensively . She is not my personal favorite and being trained by Femina will stronger her chances of performing well. Like Erica she is a natural beauty and most of her photos are unignorable.
9. Priyanka Verma - What should I call her " Stefania fernandez" of India ? I totally ignored her till yesterday when i saw her recent photos. Now i must admit she is not in reckoning for placement but what matters is to be able to put a good show and am impressed with her pictures !! One of the girls who are going to increase overall strength of this edition. Good going Priyanka !!
Sonam, Sneha, Shamata, Sana, Ruhi
10. Purva Rana - She can be rightfully described as pearl of Himachal. This girl has worked so hard and has come a long way. A state where you have very limited source of options for training and to make most out of it is exceptional. Since she is my sentimental favorite, all i can say is PFMI will be a great learning ground for her and we can see her doing well in the field of fashion too. Her innocent charm is exclusive.
11.Rochelle Maria Rao - Rochelle is such a cutie that she will be amazed to see how much hit she will be with audience. We have seen so little of her but facially i can bet she is an extra ordinary beauty. She looks the best in Red and I must say she does emit certain rapturing exaltation giving her more vulnerability to attract the audience!! She is a perfect candidate and she has indeed got her cards right into the place. I won't mind if she enters top 10 for now.
12. Ruhi Singh - when She got selected did not proclaim her as a sure shot semi finalist. But it was too early to surmise see a few pictures. Though facially she is gorgeous but also she has a flattering body now. If she works on that she will be back in the game of Miss India front runners.
13. Sana Khan - I will call her a quality delegate for the past few years.( as i have observed the last 12 girls) And already many eyes are on her and question is will she will continue impressing me. She is very beautiful but I am afraid she lacks sparks. She comes across to me as dull and boring personality. But I cant deny, this girl will surprise me with amazing transformation and i am waiting to be done on her.
14. Shamata Anchan - Shamata has won this battle. Many times what we fail to see is how beautiful a person can be with some minor changes and what enhances is the inner beauty. She is one of the few contestants who i believe are winners because of their will to outwit veteran girls and shine completely by there majestic appeal. When i look back during Femina south india days i was afraid if she wins Marc will be again sending an unconventional candidate but now when I see a transformation . i feel elated that he is sending a very strong candidate who has a certain class to stand out from crowd. She has got a good height and body with some experience in modeling and best of articulation. I am really happy with her preparation and content that she will be indeed a good role model for girls to participate in Femina .
15. Sneha Upadhyay - She is a all about simplicity. Her candids are the best you can see from this years competition. She is very lively and bubbly personality that you find an instant connection with her. Speaking of her body which is indeed not only of the best in this edition but also curvaceous. I will not be amazed if she gets very high points in Best body round as its all about being peppy and being in the groove at that moment. I do think she needs a better stylist and if that works out well she will be unstoppable ! Her face oozes with effusive geniality propelling gloriole amidst her elegantly.A very sweet and charming lady who can transcend in being saucy at same time.
16. Sonam Panchey - Oh yes! She is Indian completely. This girl strongly explains how vast and varied India is actually. She in my opinion is a strong contender and can very well surprise her with her flamboyance. Her pictures are gripping and she definitely is one of the better contenders when it comes to showing her ramp skills. I like her magnetic personality a lot. She has one of the most infective smile. And not to forget her chic wardrobe, she is surely to unload her full throttles self in London. Her X factor may be played very well by her. Sonam , moreover , in my opinion, can even over shadow some of the favorites when we talk about presenting oneself on stage. People keep a sharp eye on her !!
17. Sonampreet Bajwa - She stands there to get noticed and I notice her. She catches my eyes in seconds. She radiates freshness. I had never heard of this girlbut she made me search her pictures. I am not too convinced about her styling. she is inconsistent in some of her but over all she is there to place rather place high. All the best to her.
18. Sukalpa Das - I see her and am reminded of an innocent looking girl staring at you. that kind of beauty you will find in her. She is definitely a heart winner with her pleasing eyes.Though I do not see her winning but yes, she is there to make an impact. She can do wonders. Hope they will style her even better. All the best to her.
19. Vanya Mishra - Who would have thought of getting such a cuite stunner ! Wow she is indeed refreshing. this sassy lady has it all. this girl such an advantage that its hard for me to actually digest the fact that even with less time( 1 month of traning) in her hands after her selection she is still one of the most prepared candidates. WOW !! She can certainly pull a major upset by even becoming a top 5 placer . Her features are going to be a useful tool in both the rounds hitting right moves with right groves.
20. Vidhi Bhardwaj - Vidhi is super modelesque and her androgynous look is her own entity. Her pictures are probably an art lover's delight. She is one candidate who can completely set a trend at PFMI. For now my only concern is will her kind of beauty be accepted at international arena cos its so alienesque yet impelling to bewitch the audience. She is bound to brake some barriers between a pro model looks merging with a stereotypic beauty pageant girl She is shining in her recent pics.All the best to her.
Hope to see " BIRTH OF A WORLD CLASS BEAUTY" that can represent the culture of India all over the global village
Vidhi, Vanya, Sukalpa, Sonampreet