Beauty Talks :: Miss Universe Slovak Republic 2012 Ľubica Štepanová
As the search for another Silvia Lakatošová continues, Slovak Republic is on the retrospect mode. Year after year, despite having stunning candidates, no Slovak woman ever duplicated the feat of Silvia in 1994. That’s in spite of the fact that Silvia herself had been, and still is, on the helm of the national contest. Miss Universe Slovak Republic 2012 Ľubica Štepanová will try to duplicate or even surpass what her National Director had achieved. She shared with Missosology her preparations, her ambitions and outlook in life.
1. Who do you think is the sexiest man alive?
A sexy man is somebody who doesn´t have to be ideal but he should be a combination of sex-appeal, charisma, sense of humor and sporty body. My boyfriend has all of the mentioned features, so I find him the sexiest man in my life. When asked which of all the popular personalities I see as a sex symbol, I could speak about actor Channing Tatum who meets the criteria of an attractive man.
2. If there were no rules in your life for one day and you could be outrageous, what would you do?
It’s difficult to imagine. I always follow some principles in my life, which I view as something essential for people. I might not do anything outrageous because it would be in conflict with my character.
3. What is the most difficult thing you did to prepare for Miss Universe pageant? Why did you do that?
For an ordinary girl like me was one of the most demanding things to walk in high heels before a contest which I was not used to every day. Moreover, I feel inside the necessity to look perfect all the time because people recognize me which troubles a little bit since I am a supporter of natural beauty.
4. What has been the biggest disappointment in your life and why?
I have been mostly disappointed by the reactions of the people who I trusted, especially after the contest. I have realized that many of them feel jealousy and envy and I have learned not to believe my first impressions.
5. If you were given one million dollars, how would you spend it in just one day?
I would never spend so much money in one day, but hypothetically, I would invest most of the money reasonably so that I could make more money of it. Of course, I would buy some things which I am longing for. Sure, I would like to care for my family and close friends or people in need.
6. What does a loving boyfriend mean to you?
Support, reliability, responsibility, physical and mental harmony.
7. Any beauty secrets that you would like to share the readers of Missosology?
Beauty is just a matter of the harmony between our physical appearance and internal energy which we sent out. Enjoy your life, take problems easy and try not to hurt anybody around. And of course, sleep as much as possible to recover and feel recharged.
8. Tell us about the most beautiful place in your country?
Due to a fact I love snowboarding, the High Tatras, which is a mountain range, is said to be one of the nicest and mostly visited places in our country. The hills are a symbol of strength and the power of nature for many people who feel relaxed and free in the mountains. There are a number of lakes and beautiful scenery all around.
9. Tell us about your mantra or a secret to success?
Optimism and the power of positive thinking can change and improve my life. Maintaining positive thinking and attitude will drive me to success and happiness.
10. When was the last time you cried? Why?
Fortunately, there have not been so many unhappy moments in my life so far which would make me cry. Last time I had tears in my eyes was the day I won the competition because I felt really happy and satisfied.
11. What do you like to do for fun with your friends?
There are many things which I enjoy doing ( trips, sport, disco…) , but it is difficult to mention something specific. I like doing anything for fun if it means being with people whom I trust and who are a good company.
12. Miss Universe Organization now allows transgenders to compete in their pageant system and what´s your take on this?
I have never had any prejudices against anybody of different race, religion or sexual orientation. Each of us can join any competition no matter if it is him or her. The most important thing is how a person feels about himself/herself. If the mankind in general accepted differences between us, the world would be a much better place to live in.
13. What would you say to someone who thinks you are not qualified or pretty enough to represent your country?
I do think that only jealous and envious people could say things like these. My respond would be very simple: nobody has the right to judge me or have doubt about the people who decided that I am the right person to represent my country.
14. What qualities do you feel you have that would make you a great Miss Universe?
I am not used to judging myself, but people around me like me for being kind, friendly and generous. Whenever somebody needs my help, I am always willing to do my best. I find myself a strong and well-balanced person which would make me a suitable woman to be a good Miss Universe.
15. Please send your special message to all your Missosology fans?
Enjoy every single moment of your life as none of them will happen the same way again I follow Misso almost daily to get updated about what’s going on in the pageant world and thank you all for your support!