Beauty Talks :: Miss Universe Jamaica 2012 Chantal Zaky
Tagged as one of the “to watch for” contestants, Miss Universe Jamaica 2012 Chantal Zaky is truly a remarkable woman. She may be a well-recognized person in her country but she lives in a guiding principle that puts emphasis in humility and love. With such confidence but with both feet still on the ground, it is very likely Chantal could pull a Yendi Phillips or ever more.
1. Who do you think is the sexiest man alive?
Hmm, If you insist I choose one, [smiles] I would say Cristiano Ronaldo, would be at the top of my list.. [Smiles]
2. If there were no rules in your life for one day and you could be outrageous, what would you do?
If no one was on the road, I would take a race car on the road and see how fast I could go.
3. What is the most difficult thing you did to prepare for the Miss Universe pageant? Why did you do that?
The most difficult thing I did was give up carbs and completely change my diet. I did this so that I can be at my best Physically and Mentally.
4. What has been the biggest disappointment in your life? Why?
I don’t consider anything to be a disappointment; I look at them at lessons in life. However one thing that comes to mind is losing my grandfather at a young age. He was an extraordinary man; I would have loved to spend more time with him.
5. If you were given 1 million dollars how would you spend it in just one day?
I would invest in real estate and make sure my family is well taken care of financially.
6. What does loving a boyfriend mean to you?
It means I have someone who I trust and value. It means, I have found the one I love and who loves me, and together we honour each other with mutual respect.
7. Any beauty secrets that you would like to share the readers of Missosology?
I believe that to be beautiful on the outside is a result of what is inside. I also believe in staying happy, having a positive attitude and getting rest.
8. Tell us about the most beautiful place in your country?
Jamaica is known to be a beautiful country. It is difficult to call one place the most beautiful. One place that is special to me and my roots, is the Lush Parish of Portland and the capital city Port Antonio. Portland is the most north-easterly parish in the island. Portland is known for our rivers and eco pure beaches, Jerk Style cooking, mountainous landscape, and rafting on the Rio Grande . It is a nature lover’s paradise that provides an island experience one will not easily forget. Our parish has lots of attractions beautiful scenery and the spirit of human kindness. It truly is a must see for the world traveler.
9. Tell us about your mantra or secret to success.
I am driven by the desire to make a difference. I believe in staying focused and positive. A quote that inspires me to work hard is: “Opportunities are not offered. They must be wrested and worked for. And this calls for perseverance and courage. “– Indira Gandhi
10. When was the last time you cried? Why?
I recently attended a Charity event (The Angel Project, in Toronto Canada) The program benefits patients who have been hospitalized for 10 years or more, and HAD NO VISITORS. Either because they have no family and friends, or because they have simply been given up on, abandoned by the world. They are too sick to be moved to a nursing home and will spend the remainder of their days in a hospital , Alone. It really touched me and made my heart Heavy. It is a reminder that, You have to be grateful for the people in your life who support and love you.
11. What do you like to do for fun with your friends?
I enjoy doing outdoor activities, learning new experiences and world travelling.
12. Miss Universe Organization now allows transgenders to compete in their pageant system, what’s your take on this?
I have confidence in humanity and in our ability to respect all people. I support the Miss Universe stance that a contestant can compete as long as she meets the “legal gender recognition” standards of her country.
13. What would you say to someone who thinks you’re not qualified or pretty enough to represent your country in Miss Universe?
The beautiful thing about being a part of Team Jamaica is our ability to support each other. I love Jamaica and I know Jamaica loves me, so that’s not something I entertain. However, We are all responsible for how we feel regardless of what someone else does or thinks. We have to choose to be confident and secure in our selves.
14. What qualities do you feel you have that would make you a great Miss Universe?
I think Miss Universe is a representation of the strength and femininity of women. The very essence of Miss Universe is poise, and confidence with inner beauty of the heart. She should be goal driven with a desire help others. I believe I have these qualities and more.
15. Please send your special message to all your Missosology fans.
Attitude determines choice, and choice determines results. Everything that we are, and all that we can become is determined by our attitude. I would like to encourage us all to continue to follow our dreams,the universe will open doors were there are walls, dreams can and do come true.
Get into the fun of Miss Universe 2012 season by visiting the leading pageant forum today!
Access Powerhouse of Beauties Kiss & Tell
Beauty Talks :: Miss Universe Jamaica 2012 Chantal Zaky,