Beauty Talks :: Miss Universe Singapore 2012 Lynn Tan
Lynn Tan will represent Singapore at Miss Universe 2012 and she has to face a lot of challenges especially the so-called sash factor. Singapore has only been in the semis twice – in 1983 and 1987 and despite being consistent in sending a delegate, they are yet to have a third semifinalist. Lynn is set to change that. Of Chinese and Filipino ancestry, with a lean body and a lovely face, could Lynn give Singapore its third Miss Universe semifinalist?
1. Who do you think is the sexiest man alive?
Daniel Craig as James Bond. He is handsome, resourceful and fun.
2. If there were no rules in your life for one day and you could be outrageous, what would you do?
I would like to spend a day riding a tiger and seeing what the world looks like from his perspective.
3. What is the most difficult thing you did to prepare for the Miss Universe pageant? Why did you do that?
Going to the gym frequently and lifting weights; I was usually in quite a bit of pain for a few days after that. I wanted to be in the best possible shape for the pageant.
4. What has been the biggest disappointment in your life? Why?
Not having had the chance to get to know my father better before he passed away.
5. If you were given 1 million dollars how would you spend it in just one day?
I would use it to train 20 guide dogs to help the blind (at the Guide dogs for the Blind Association). It costs $50,000 to train a single guide dog! The dogs are also extremely cute!
6. What does loving a boyfriend mean to you?
One who shares both my happiness and pain. Aristotle could not have put it better when he said “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies”.
7. Any beauty secrets that you would like to share the readers of Missosology?
I drink at least 10 glasses of water a day and always remove my make up and moisturise before going to sleep, no matter how late I get home.
8. Tell us about the most beautiful place in your country?
Sentosa, which is an island resort. The name “Sentosa” means peace and tranquility. It has an excellent blend of beautiful scenery ( fantastic beaches, lush greenery, and the Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom), history (the Maritime Experiential Museum and Fort Siloso), and fun (Universal Studios theme park, Underwater World and the Merlion). It is breathtaking and perfect.
9. Tell us about your mantra or secret to success.
Preparation is key. Failing to plan is planning to fail.
10. When was the last time you cried? Why?
My pet dog died.
11. What do you like to do for fun with your friends?
Watch movies, paint each other’s nails and catch up over long dinners.
12. Miss Universe Organization now allows transgenders to compete in their pageant system, what’s your take on this?
I think that as in every competition, everyone stands an equal chance when competing and that the judges ultimately decide the qualities they would like the winner to have.
13. What would you say to someone who thinks you’re not qualified or pretty enough to represent your country in Miss Universe?
Shakespeare described jealousy as a “green-eyed monster”. I also believe that both praise and criticism come with being in the public eye; i choose to focus on the praise instead.
14. What qualities do you feel you have that would make you a great Miss Universe?
I am empathetic and would truly like to make a difference in people’s lives. I am embarking on a project to raise awareness and funds to help the Guide Dogs Association for the Blind. As Miss Universe, i could do so much more.
15. Please send your special message to all your Missosology fans.
Thank you for your kind support and well wishes. I love you all!
Special thanks to Penelope P. LENS: CALEB LIN DAO HAN // MAKEUP: RONALOU LAU // HAIR: MICH MAKEOVER // ASSISTING: GLADYS NG // STYLING: REMY
Get into the fun of Miss Universe 2012 season by visiting the leading pageant forum today!
Access Powerhouse of Beauties Kiss & Tell
Beauty Talks :: Miss Universe Singapore 2012 Lynn Tan,