Beauty Talks :: Miss Universe Switzerland Alina Buchschacher
Alina Ashley Emma Buchschacher is a unique blend to Trini and Swiss beauty. She’s got a soft spot on animals but make no mistake, this girl is tough and ready to take the Miss Universe 2012 challenge. She sits with Missosology to talk various issues personal and non-personal.
1. Who do you think is the sexiest man alive?
Well, there’s a lot more than meets the eye but personal style and flair that are specific to his likes. The confidence that comes with looking good is more attractive than the getup itself. A man with a mysterious charisma, with a breathtaking smile.
If I have to name a celebrity it would be: Channing Tatum- in his movies he plays characters that in my opinion have all these qualities.
2. If there were no rules in your life for one day and you could be outrageous, what would you do?
If there would be no rules, no risk and no fear, I would drive the fastest car ever with no speed limit through whole and up and down the mountains of Switzerland like a rollercoaster.
3. What is the most difficult thing you did to prepare for the Miss Universe pageant? Why did you do that?
I am preparing myself for a big challenge. I want to present my country in the best way. My biggest goal is to get back in shape. With my personal trainer Nik, I work out 3 times a week.
4. What has been the biggest disappointment in your life? Why?
I love animals and on my 18th Bday my sister gave me a puppy. Unfortunately I couldn’t take her home to Switzerland. It was heartbreaking to leave her back in Trinidad and Tobago.
5. If you were given 1 million dollars how would you spend it in just one day?
First I would go on a huge shopping tour, then I would buy a horse for my sister. Then book a great trip for my parents, organize a spontaneous party with friends, share some of my luck with one foundation I have supported before. And with the rest, I would place the remaining sum in my bank account.
6. What does loving a boyfriend mean to you?
Trust, mutual respect and one goal being and feeling happy.
7. Any beauty secrets that you would like to share the readers of Missosology?
Well I could tell you now a whole list of beauty secrets, where you usually find in any women’s magazine. But I believe mostly that everything in life needs a balance. This involves enough sleep, healthy food & drinks, sports, facial and bodycare and mental peace.
8. Tell us about the most beautiful place in your country?
Switzerland has so many beautiful places it is hard to name just one. What’s still impresses me the most is going up on the mountains. The panorama and the silence around it make my spirit fly.
9. Tell us about your mantra or secret to success.
Be eager to try, have a clear vision and focus, truly believe and follow with enjoyment.
10. When was the last time you cried? Why?
The last time I cried tears of joy. It was when I bought my first horse and when I first welcomed her to her new home.
11. What do you like to do for fun with your friends?
I like to have dinner with them and to go out and dance. In winter we go skiing and snowboarding and in summer we enjoy our free time on the lake.
12. Miss Universe Organization now allows transgenders to compete in their pageant system, what’s your take on this?
I am very open minded and I have no problem with that.
13. What would you say to someone who thinks you’re not qualified or pretty enough to represent your country in Miss Universe?
Beauty is in the eye oft the beholder!
I was crowned after being elected from the majority of the TV audience, so obviously they believe I am pretty and qualified enough to compete as Miss Switzerland at the Miss Universe Pageant.
14. What qualities do you feel you have that would make you a great Miss Universe?
I am down to earth, focused but faithful to myself. I am reliable and very loyal, hardworking with passion. I am friendly, adaptable and professional.
15. Please send your special message to all your Missosology fans.
I will give all my best and I look forward to this unforgettable challenge. Thank you for your generous support, thank you for believing in me.
Special thanks to Karina Berger of Miss Schweiz Organization
Beauty Talks :: Miss Universe Switzerland Alina Buchschacher,