(That Ines Did)
Yukimi Matsui is a top favorite of observers for Miss Universe Japan 2012
As a follow up to the recent feature of Missosology.Org with regards to The Rise and Decline of Japan at Miss Universe
, presenting the must to do list of Miss Universe Japan for 2012. These are the techniques that Ines had employed yet, the current people handling the pageant failed to emulate.
Miyako Miyazaki's prelim gown is definitely not the usual but it turned heads
1. Shock and awe – this could refer to many aspects but Ines mastered this technique when it comes to fashion. Sure it would be expensive, but the daily casual wear of a Miss Japan usually turns heads. And it holds true to National Costumes and gowns as well.
Ines would ask her fave photographer to take photos of her candidate exclusively for Missosology like this photo in 2009 of Emiri Miyazaka
2. Be press savvy – Ines provides exclusive interviews and photos to websites like Missosology whenever a request is lodged. Not so sure if the current people of MUJ could do that because Missosology never requested an interview since Hiroko Mima. But here’s what Ines is doing, she hires a good photographer and publish amazing photos of her Miss Universe contender in her well followed blog. The press couldn’t help but take notice.
Most Miss Universe Japan winners are trained to have a good rapport with the press. Riyo Mori is a good example
3. Personality, personality and more personality. This is the eternal fact that Ines knows and she is hell-bent in making sure that her delegate has that pleasing personality. It is basically a combination of confidence, eloquence, positive aura and the ability to establish rapport with the media and the general public.
4. Let go the bad vibrations. Since Ines’ departure, Japan had suffered a period of self-doubt. The serious of non-placements from 2009-2011 could strike a huge blow to the confidence and positive mind-set of the organization. It is time to press the reset button and think that if Riyo Mori could do it, any MUJ2012 contestant can do it too.
Since the departure of Ines' MUJ is left without a very visible Big Boss
5. Assign a matriarch, a doyenne, a big boss that people will associate Miss Universe Japan with. An organization needs an iconic and charismatic leader to steer it to victory.
Suggested Read : The Rise and Decline of Japan at Miss Universe