Panama’s bid for another Miss Universe got a boost this year after crowning the beautiful model named Carolina Brid as the new Miss Universe Panama. Buoyed by the crown courtesy of Justine Pasek in 2002 and a stellar performance of Sheldry Saez in 2011, Panama is very much hopeful of another spectacular result.
Carolina who is proud of her Italian heritage is a tall 5’11” beauty with a lithe and statuesque body structure. She is a fierce beauty with a very elegant aura. There is no doubt that this Social Communications student will win a lot of fans in Moscow. Here, Missosology asks Carolina some few important questions.
1. Who do you think is the sexiest man alive?
The sexiest man alive for me is Channing Tatum.
2. Who is your all-time favorite Miss Universe, why?
Brooke Mahealani Lee (Miss Universe 1997) for her unique natural beauty and spontaneity.
3. What is the most difficult thing you did to prepare for the Miss Universe pageant? Why did you do that?
To drop my last semester from college in order to fulfill my role as Miss Panama and dedicate myself to prepare thoroughly to make sure my country will shine in the next Miss Universe Pageant.
4. What has been the biggest disappointment in your life & how did you deal with it?
To have trusted in someone and having being deceived. Dealing with it was a bit hard at first; however, I learned that people make mistakes and when you forgive you grow up internally.
5. Describe your fashion sense & style.
I consider myself elegant and glamorous.
6. What does loving a boyfriend mean to you?
Always be there whenever he needs me…unconditionally!
7. Any beauty secrets that you would like to share the readers of Missosology?
Honey and avocado on my hair ends once a week, so I have no need to cut them as frequently. A very natural an organic way to keep it healthy.
8. Tell us about the most beautiful place in your country.
The San Blas’ Archipelago, which is formed by 365 paradisiac little islands. It’s the land of the Kunas Indians. Its beaches with crystal water, incredible seascapes and colorful reefs make it a touristic treasure. I would like to extend an invitation to all my friends from Missosology that are planning to visit my wonderful country, to include this amazing place in their itinerary. You won’t regretted!! I would love to be your tour guide…[laughs]
9. Tell us about your mantra or secret to success.
Everything in my life happens for a purpose, I am convinced of that.
10. When was the last time you cried? Why?
Couple weeks ago when I went to church and prayed to the Virgin of Guadalupe. I felt such an inner peace that crying was a way of letting it out.
11. What do you like to do for fun with friends?
Hang out and visit different places with them.
12. Miss Universe Organization now allows trans genders to compete in their pageant system, what’s your take on this?
It is a decision made by the organization and I respect it. But I honestly believe that everybody has the right to find their path of happiness and giving the same opportunity, regardless the color of their skin, faith, language, physical impairment, and/or sexual orientation.
13. What would you say to someone who thinks you’re not qualified or pretty enough to represent your country in Miss Universe?
Something I have learned is that we should never underestimate people because they can blow your mind. We are all born with skills and talents. I know how far I can go because my strength come from inside of me. In that context, I will reaffirm to them once more that “beauty is in the eyes of the beholder”, so I won’t try to change their opinion of me, I am sure that once they get to know me better, they will discover my inner beauty and then will see me different. I will take hat comment as a compliment that will challenge myself to become a different but better beauty queen.
14. What qualities do you feel you have that would make you a great Miss Universe?
I am an adaptable person. I always react proactively to any situation and circumstances.