Pageant year 2016 officially ended with the culmination of the 65th Miss Universe last January, but the competition continues as we kick off Missosology’s annual Timeless Beauty Award.
Timeless Beauty is an annual tradition of Missosology that dates back in 2004, although it was only in 2010 that the award was properly organized. The award is given to the queen who best embodies a beauty that will transcend time – something that shall be remembered for all eternity.
Previous winners include Venus Raj (2010), Olesia Stefanko (2011), Irene Esser (2012), Marine Lorphelin (2013), Paulina Vega (2014) and Edymar Martinez (2015).
This year becomes even more exciting as we welcome Miss Supranational in the BIG5 ranks, together with Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss Earth and Miss International.
Here is how we are going to choose the Timeless Beauty for the year 2016:
1. Only 89 delegates (13 from Miss Universe, 20 from Miss World, 16 from Miss Earth, 15 from Miss International and 25 from Miss Supranational) who made the first cut in the 2016 BIG5 Pageants, plus the 5 “If Only She Were There” recepients are eligible.
2. A select panel of reputable members of the Missosology Forum (www.missosology.info) will be asked to score all the eligible delegates from 2 (lowest) to 5 (highest) based on overall performance and beauty.
3. The scores from the judges will be averaged. Only the Top 20 delegates will move on to the next round. In case of a tie in the 20th place, it will not be broken.
4. The Top 20 finalists will then be judged by a separate panel of judges (to be revealed soon) using the same system as above to determine the Top 10.
5. The delegate who gets the highest average score will be declared as the “Timeless Beauty” for the year 2016. In case of a tie, the score in the previous round will be used to break it.
Now, it’s time to meet the quarter-finalists for Timeless Beauty 2016!
Photos from the respective pageants’ websites and Facebook pages. Missosology.Org